It’s Friday and I have a few favorites to throw your way. The Hot Chocolate 15k is this weekend and I’m getting really excited to run Chicago! It’s supposed to be a sunny high of 52 which will be perfect – I love love love running when it’s cool outside.
- Wrap It Upz hair wraps. I got one of these at a craft/vintage/rummage-a-rama show two weekends ago. I used it this past weekend on my 8 mile run and plan on using it Sunday at the Hot Chocolate 15k. It stayed in place, kept the sweat out of my eyes and looked great! It seemed to keep the sweat inside the fabric and when I took it off my hair wasn’t a dripping mess like with most headbands.
- CLIF SHOT Energy Gels in Razz. I had a sample of this from my most recent Stridebox and was hesitant to try them because I was so partial to my Hammer Gels. I used it on my 7 mile run a couple weekends ago and loved the way it tasted, washed down with water and the Litter Leash feature was awesome! I still love my Hammer Gels, but I think I’ll be mixing in some CLIF SHOTs here and there now. I went to Dick’s last night and bought a couple for the race on Sunday – weeee!
- Amphipod Hydraform Handheld Thermal-lite 12oz bottle. Mine is sold out now but they have one similar that lights up or doesn’t light up but either way, it looks like it has a bigger/nicer zip pocket than mine. Runner envy for anyone that has a new one! 12oz was the perfect size for my half marathon because I could stop and dump a water/gatorade cup into it at a water stop. I think it will also be the perfect size for the 15k also.
- Ellie Goulding’s new album Delirium. Go check it out on Spotify or iTunes or go buy the CD. I love all of the songs and added quite a few of them to my running playlist! Ellie is a big proponent of fitness and running – as well as a Nike athlete… and I personally think she makes her albums specifically with that in mind.
- Hempz Vanilla Plum lotion. Because it smells wonderful and Hempz (no matter what scent) goes on nice and smooth without being greasy. I got my hair done Tuesday night and my stylist used the Triple Moisture scent for my hand massage but had some Vanilla Plum in stock, so I bought it – I couldn’t resist!
Have a fantastic Friday and an even more wonderful weekend! I’ll have a race recap for you next week 🙂