Happy Friday! I have some favorites for you from the last two weeks. It’s been two weeks and it feels like it’s been two days. Sometimes I feel like I have the time and content to write a few times a week and other times I feel like I don’t have enough time to think, let alone write. I’m working on it, I promise.
Between deer hunting opening weekend in Wisconsin, Thanksgiving, my birthday and preparing for the holidays I haven’t had much time to sit down and open up my laptop… and when I have had time staring at a computer is the last thing I want to do – the downfall of being on a computer all day at work I suppose.
I haven’t been running much, not for lack of motivation, rather because I’ve been focusing more on HIIT training and lifting trying to lose the last 20lbs I want to lose and keep off some of the excess holiday weight. I watch my portions at holidays but I like food way too much to starve myself when holiday meals only come around twice a year – never mind the fact that they’re about a month away from each other!
Anyways, here are my five favorite things from the last two weeks!
1. Hanging out in the woods with my dad for Wisconsin gun deer opening weekend. While they were getting a foot of snow back home, dad and I were hanging out in the chilly but dry woods of north-central Wisconsin.
I still had snow with me though – in the form of the Divas SnowGear sticker on my bright orange Nalgene bottle. Do you see a color scheme going on here? Perhaps a hint at what one of my favorite colors is maybe? Safety first! Even whilst drinking!
2. This recipe for fruit dip that I used at Thanksgiving so we had some healthy snacks! I used a little more greek yogurt and used honey and agave instead of sugar, so the recipe read like this:
- 8 oz plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla (I usually put a smidge more than recipes call for because I love vanilla)
- 1/8 cup agave nectar
- 1/8 cup honey
3. Coming home from deer hunting to a few inches of snow and being able to put my new snowmobiling boots on and run around in the snow. As soon as I put them on they were my favorite – so squishy and comfy and supportive all at the same time. And I confess, I didn’t actually go outside in the snow, I just stood on our deck in the snow. I didn’t want to get them dirty – yet! They are the new Avid Tech Boot with Boa Technology from Divas SnowGear. I got them as part of my ambassador package and I’m pretty stoked to try them out during snowmobiling season. Until then… I’ll wear them around the house and break them in – hence, not wanting to get them dirty!
4. It was my birthday this past Saturday and all I wanted (since the snow had pretty much melted and that was my original wish) was to spend time with friends and family and to get a Christmas Tree! And get a Christmas tree we did! I’m 5’6″ so as you can see below it’s pretty tall, but I think our vaulted ceilings require a tall tree.It was a nice day with lots of phone calls, text messages and a dinner with a close group of people. I got flowers and breakfast in bed – what more could a girl ask for? We drove to a lot a few minutes away and this was the third tree we looked at – fairly symmetrical, full at the bottom, nice pointy top and good supportive branches. I put lights on it right away after bringing it home.
We decorated it last night – there’s nothing like a real tree decorated and glowing in your living room to scream CHRISTMAS!
5. I’ve recently grown very fond of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. Not to any extent or the point of overindulging… but the occasional shot here and there with the nice warm feeling it gives you has been on the top of my favorites lately. Deck the halls with handles of Fireball! Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaa!
Have a fantastic Friday and a splendid weekend! I’ll be Holidazzling and crafting/sewing and Christmas Caroling with my mom.